Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Son After Day Care!!

Yesterday my son started his new day care. I wasn't overly worried throughout the day and I only called once to check on him. The baby sitter told me she had taken him to the school to pick up another child and when they got there my boy saw a lady with the same hair cut and color as me and ran over and embraced her. After a minute the lady said "Sweetie I'm not your Mommy". My little man took a few steps back, looked up at this Mama look alike and began to scream realizing he had just hugged a complete stranger. The baby sitter took him and quickly calmed him down and he was fine. How cute/sad!! He missed me, yay!
When I went to pick him up he was in the backyard with the other children playing in the little "house". At first he didn't see me so I observed for a few minutes. He would open the door to the house and talk to the other little boy in their special language. Then he would close the door for a moment before opening it again to do the same thing. It was cute and made me wonder what he was trying to tell the other child. Finally I walked over to the house and looked through the small window. He didn't see me at first as he was gazing through the other small openings. I whispered his name and he almost did a back flip! He immediately started laughing and ran out of the front door right into my arms. This amazing moment was short lived as he wanted back down to play...sorry buddy time to go home!
When I got him into the car he made a few sad sounds as he hated leaving his new pals, which was also very cute because he doesn't have boys to play with at home. After placing him in his seat I began to drive and through the rear view mirror I could see my cute, clean little boy was not so clean. He looked like a real boy that had been playing like boys do. For the first time he had grass stains, dirt on his pants and cheek and messy, sweaty hair! I was kind of appauled but quickly realized it meant he had fun getting down and dirty in the backyard with his new friends.
Bath time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment