Thursday, April 15, 2010

So this whole being a single Mum is easy.....isn't so easy to say anymore.
Don't get me wrong my son is amazing and very well behaved but he is learning the sneaky little "toddler" tricks.
Bed time is not so easy anymore! He now understand he can refuse to sleep on command and stand up in his bed, jumping up and down and yelling for Mummy's attention. He can get mad when he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it, this causing him to sometimes throw something or do a few rolls on the floor while whining. Now all of this is normal I am sure, but not easy to deal with on your own.
Its the bed time thing that gets me the most. I have to work in the morning so when he decides he doesn't want to sleep...I get a little frusterated. I dont have someone I can roll over and look at and say, "You deal with it this time!"
I do ignore him and let him jump his way to sleep, but there is still the odd time when he just wont go for it.
Taking him to restaurants is not as fun anymore either. He used to just sit in his car seat, drink his bottle and mind his business. Now we are in the high chair wanting food IMMEDIATELY, which of course, at a restaurant I have no control over. The coloring and occupying only lasts so long before he gets anxious and loud, drawing all eyes on me! I just think in my head, "Its normal for kids to make noise in public," but at the same time I want to crawl into my shell and hide.
I guess we will just be putting the restaurants on hold until he can understand, "Your food is on the way sweetie. I would not make you watch fifty other people eat just for the fun of it."
Don't get me wrong, I do love the single Mum thing and I love him more then anything...just saying its not as easy as it used to be!!
I am already nervous about the teenage years, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment